Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My First Talent Show

     Back in first grade, I entered a talent show for the very first time, and I was immensely nervous. Me and my friend were both in the same act, with her singing, and me playing guitar. There were so many butterflies in my stomach when we were about to go on the stage, but I pulled myself together and went on. I was probably as pale as a ghost, and sweating like a pig, but, luckily, I didn't faint, or do anything embarassing. I swallowed and started playing guitar.

     Then, I realized that I wasn't doing so bad. The notes being struck by the lightning bolt strings were sounding correct, to my amazement. I was feeling great about myself, and before I knew it, my act was over. The butterflies in my stomach flew away, and I felt very relieved, as if I had carried a heavy backpack, and finally got to take it off and rest. From then on, I felt less antsy when I had to do things onstage, and every time that I did things like that, it boosted my confidence for the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment